Thursday Evening League Format and Scoring
• Each player MUST have an established handicap… Under the new handicap system, you can establish a handicap after 54 holes (Three 18-hole rounds or Six 9-hole rounds)… In the event that a player does not have an established handicap; they will play as a 0 (unless everyone in the match can agree on how many that player will receive)….
• All matches are played off of the LOW BALL… The player with the lowest handicap will receive ZERO strokes and the other players will have their handicaps reduced by lowest players handicap… Example: Player A is a 14 handicap. Player B is a 16 handicap. Player C is a 17 handicap and Player D is a 20 handicap… Player A is the low ball in the match and the other players will have their handicap reduced by 14 strokes… Player A plays as a 0, Player B becomes a 2, Player C becomes a 3 and Player D becomes a 6… The strokes are then allocated on the corresponding hole (i.e. Player B receives 1 stroke on the #1 handicap hole and 1 stroke on the #2 handicap hole… Player C receives his strokes on the #1, #2 & #3 handicap holes and Players gets his strokes on the #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 & #6 handicap holes)… Since the League is a 9 hole league; each player will only receive 50% of the strokes they would be allotted. Using Player D as an example; his handicap is reduced to 6. If the match is played on the front 9; he receives 3 shots on each side… Player B gets 1 shot on each side and Player C would receive 2 shots on the side with the ODD numbered handicap holes (#1 & #3 handicap) and 1 shot on the side with the EVEN numbered handicap holes… Assuming the players are playing the WHITE tees; Player C receives 2 shots on the Front NINE and 1 shot on the Back Nine.
• Make sure to use your Course Handicap and not your Handicap Index when determining the strokes for the match… Example; a Player with a 5.8 Handicap Index will have a Course Handicap of 4 and that is the figure to be used in the match… The handicap report is posted in the Men’s Locker Room.
• The League is played with a Best-Ball Match Play format… Each player plays their own ball and the lowest NET score per team is used as the team score… Using the players from the above example; if Player A makes a 5 on the hole and his partner Player B makes a net 4; the Team Score is a 4. If Player C makes and net 6 and his partner Player D makes a net 4 then their Team Score is a 4 and the hole is TIED.
• Each match is worth a Total of 10 points… Each Hole is worth 1 point (Tied holes will result in each team receiving ½ point)… The team who wins the MOST TOTAL HOLES receives the bonus point. If each team wins 3 holes and 3 holes are tied, the 10th point will be split amongst the teams. In this scenario; the match score would be 5-5. PLEASE REMEMBER TO POST YOUR MATCH RESULTS ON THE SCORE SCHEET LOCATED IN THE SCORING TENT OUTSIDE OF THE PRO SHOP. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN EACH TEAM RECEIVING A 5-5 SPLIT. FORFEITS are scored 6-0.
• Flight B is the GOLD TEE Flight… ALL OTHER FLIGHTS ARE TO PLAY FROM THE TEES THAT THE PLAYER NORMALLY PLAYS FROM. To be GOLD TEE eligible, your age and White Tee handicap must equal at least 85.
Split Club Winners
PENDLETON CREEK MEN’S CLUB SPLIT CLUB 2023
Weekly Winners $25 $25 $25 $25 $25
5/02/2023 Mark Daigler Charlie Pfeil Keith Lucas Mike Torillio Jr. Robert Wynn
5/11/2023 Ron Miano Ryan Edholm Ryan Sibitski Don Hayes Jim Fitz-Patrick
5/18/2023 Paul Camarre Howard Rosemhoch Tim Rush Mike Vaccaro Ken Gonyea
5/25/2023 Robert Tesmer Joe Horab Jim Bartkowski Ian Braun Ron Najowski
6/01/2023 Tom Aikin Earl Hochdanner Roger Herbacher PJ Tudisco Michael Mann
6/08/2023 John Sabo Sean Conwell Dan Wendt Jerry Gurski George Moretti
6/15/2023 Ross Pochatko Jim Lumadue Edward Guzdek Mike Degen Chris Colton
6/22/2023 John Athans Doug Hess Ray Bednarski Bob Perk Ed Hiller
6/29/2023 James Contino Shane Yancek Rich Bolender Mike Feeley Dave Buckfelder
7/06/2023 Bill Fleischauer Daniel Krajewski Kevin Winder Dave McKinley Mark Lemma
7/13/2023 Russ Hanny Craig Johnson Russ LaDuca Sr. Pete Heffernan Mike Vaccaro
7/20/2023 Mike Filosofos Dick Klenk Mike Incorvia Ray Soto Joe Cala
7/27/2023 Lawrence Panaro Scott Fierle Christopher Searles Norman Blatner Matt Peters
8/03/2023 Tim McCadden Brendan Feeley Joe Bialek Mike Spoljaric Dominic Eusanio
8/10/2023 Chris Puckett Nick LaDuca Jim Lillis Dan Allen Ken Ranchil
8/17/2023 Gary Sheffield Matt LaFlair Mike Ciminlli Rich DeGiacomo Ray Keidel
8/24/2023 Bill Schwartz Steve Pezzino Bill Billman Greg Manhardt John Norris
8/31/2023 Kevin McCann Mike O’Day Ryan Reid Paul Moley Doug Endres
9/07/2023 Ryan Wendt Guy Clemens Gary Klenk Jim Delaney Greg Anderson
9/14/2023 Justin Macaluso David Higgins Steve Overbeck Mike McDonald Charlie Gambino
Closing Dinner Drawing Winners-$200.00 each
Roger Hubacher Alex Chrzanowski Jim Lumadue Michael Mann Mark Lemma
What was new in 2023
Tees times were as follows:
Early starting times will be from 1:30 until 3:00 PM
Second starting times will be from 3:00 until 4:45 pm
Third starting times will be from 4:45 until 6:00 pm
Reduction in the league fees from $40 per man to $30 per man or $60 per team
At the end of league season, we will no longer be paying out the top teams in cash. A credit will be added to the members account to be used anywhere at the club ( food, beverage, pro shop).